A Gift Account is a simple, fast, tax-smart solution for your charitable giving.
When you put funds into your Gift Account you make a tax-deductible donation to The Gift Trust
Your account is donor-advised, so you provide advice on how to grant the money to your favourite charities - now, or in the future
Your donation can be invested in a variety of ways to grow, tax-free, while you decide which charities to support
STEP ONE: YOU CONTRIBUTE
- You're eligible for tax credits for any donations you make into your Gift Account
- We'll send you a single donation receipt each year to claim your tax credit, irrespective of when you choose to grant these funds to charities
- Premium accounts can be invested for tax-free growth
- A Gift Account consolidates all your giving
- We handle the charity due diligence, and are on hand to provide advice and support
- We take care of all the ongoing regulation and compliance requirements under our charitable status, which creates economies of scale.
STEP TWO: YOU RECOMMEND
- Whenever you like, you provide grant advice – be it for a school, local arts initiative, hunger relief agency or other cause – as long as it's charitable, it's your choice
- You can choose whether your gift is made anonymously, or in your name
You provide grant advice
- We'll review your grant recommendation and check that the gift is charitable
- We’ll ask for impact reports from charities on any grants over $5,000
- We'll send you a report outlining all your account activity annually
- If you’re looking to set up giving that will last beyond your lifetime, you can allocate a new donor-adviser(s) to carry on your giving
- Alternatively, you can work with us to set up a legacy plan to ensure gifts are made in line with your wishes into the future
Leave a legacy
- Your donation can be invested in a variety of ways to grow, tax-free, while you decide which charities to support
- We offer investment options, or you can elect an approved investment adviser to manage these funds for you.
Got questions? Contact us below, or check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.