DIFFERENTIATE YOUR BUSINESS
Offering charitable planning is a strategic way to strengthen your client relationships, reach a new generation of clients, seek referrals and help your clients with their charitable giving.
Let us help you differentiate your business!
of high net worths give to charity each year
of advisers offer charitable planning advice – which leaves a big opportunity
Based on a 2014 U.S. Trust Study of High Net Worth Philanthropy
conducted in partnership with the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy.
Kiwis are generous.
$2.79 billion was donated in 2014 in New Zealand.
55% of this was personal giving.
Yet, according to Australian research, advisers aren’t talking about philanthropy as much as they used to.
GIVING MADE SIMPLE
Your clients may want to give back to reflect their lessons learned, their passions, and the good fortune they’ve received - to be shared with others and generations to come.
You can support your clients to meet their charitable giving goals through The Gift Trust's Gift Accounts – a flexible, simple and tax-smart service.
Our Charitable Investment Adviser Program lets you provide customised investment management for your clients’ Gift Account assets, while they direct funds to their favourite charities.
Watch our video below to find out more
The Gift Trust, your strategic giving partner
With philanthropic giving experience and national reach we have the resources you need to support your clients' giving, while you continue to manage their funds.
We here to answer your questions and help you with everything from getting started to providing ongoing operational assistance.
What are the benefits?
Work with your client to build a portfolio that integrates charitable giving into their financial plan.
Leverage investment expertise to potentially increase your clients’ giving.
Keep gift account funds under adviser management and charge your adviser fees.
Receive investment management for their Gift Account assets from their trusted adviser.
Bringing investments in line with their financial portfolio and risk profile.
Obtain a more customised asset allocation to better match their giving timeframe.
Create a giving legacy.
Here are a few of our resources for you and your clients to explore how our Gift Accounts operate.
Resources and forms
To request print copies of these resources, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
- Client Information booklet [PDF] . A resource to introduce Gift Accounts and how they work to your clients.
- Adviser Information booklet [PDF]. Understand the many benefits of Gift Accounts with The Gift Trust.
- Adviser FAQs
- The Programme Guide [PDF] contains important policies, procedures, and benefits associated with donating to, setting up and maintaining a Gift Account.
- Online Donor Application form
- Tax implications of giving. Explores some of the ways to leverage your donation tax credits to have even more impact.
- Case studies - different types of donations. Exploring options other than just writing a cheque, including matched donations, suspensory loans, capacity building grants and more.
- Comparing giving vehicles. Outlines the differences between our gift accounts in comparison to establishing a private foundation or direct giving.
Please get in touch by calling (04) 391 4438, or use the contact form or chat box below to find out more.